[OM] Velbon 343 Tripod

Subject: [OM] Velbon 343 Tripod
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:43:07 +0800
I found one that on my trip, someone else brought an Olympus; it was an IS-300 (I think). A ZLR. It was very dark, (assuming because the lens was very slow) but it was pretty nice.

I also found out he had brought a tripod to Thailand also. But he never once used it. Because it was ... too big!! He didn't want to lug it around.. And so while it was a very nice tripod indeed, a big sturdy one, it didn't do him any good, because he didn't bring it with him...

Contrast that with me and my Velbon; It fits in my backpack, and so I had it on me all the time. The other guy ended up not taking any night shot pics, because he didn't have his tripod.. So once again, a small tripod in hand, is worth more than a good tripod at home.

Also, because I'm shooting off a tripod, I can flip the mirror up on my Om1, and so vibrations were further reduced. I await the results of these tripod shots. The anticipation is great.. Something you don't get with digital.. It's both annoying and rather exciting. I feel like a kid on xmas eve..

Waiting to see if the pics Santa brings are sharp or blurry.. Another comment about the tripod is; my gf loves it. "Ms. Shaky hands" doesn't have to worry now.. Also, with the mju II and I bought a small remote control, the pics of the two of us should be nice. I've discovered that most people we've asked to take a pic for us, crops someones head off or had shakier hands than my gf.. So tripod + small camera + remote control was excellent.

I took a few shots on tripod and mirror lockup and self-timer on my OM too..
Again, I away the results..  I hope I'm not disappointed..

Albert