RE: [OM] 2X-A teleconverter ?'s

Subject: RE: [OM] 2X-A teleconverter ?'s
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:51:18 -0400
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:56:13 -0700

>Again, I copped to the plea already.  I looked at '2X-A' without
>the benefit of any caffeine, and my mind registered 'XA-2'
>
>Guilty as charged.  Bailiff, whack his...

...peepee.

"What the hell are you starin' at?  You ain't never seen a
criminal before?"

I've used the 2X-A (and the 1.4X-A, for that matter) on several
lenses they're supposedly not intended for with from good to
excellent results.  I've got both 1.4X and 2X Tamron
teleconverters, but I use the Olys instead with the Tamrons,
especially the 300/2.8.  They're more convenient to attach, and I
actualy think the 1.4X-A may be a bit better than the Tamron 1.4X.

Walt