Re: [OM] New scanner/digital rant

Subject: Re: [OM] New scanner/digital rant
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:00:16 -0400
'scuse me for replying to my own posts.

Strictly for grins, I scanned an old black and white (Royal Pan,
if I remember my notches correctly) 4x5 in. negative at 3200
d.p.i.  It's a great picture of a much younger me, cigarette in
hand, getting out of a Tennessee Highway Patrol helicopter
somewhere obviously in the dead of winter, taken sometime in the
early '60s.

Oh, the scan?  A humongous 340.835MB.

Either I'm not ready for digital or digital's not ready for me.

I like my little Olympus 2000Z for snapshots, though.

Walt