[OM] Black Cat Extended Range Exposure Guide

Subject: [OM] Black Cat Extended Range Exposure Guide
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:53:55 -0400
For Albert and whomever else was wondering about proper exposure at night. Get one of these:
<http://www.blackcatphotoproducts.com/guide.html>

The Black Cat Extended Range Exposure Guide is a plasticized cardboard calculator dial that comes with a long list of lighting situations which are given a letter grade called the Universal Light Code. Dial in the letter grade on the calculator to get the correct exposure.

Some night examples from the list: Boatdocks at night with dim light = "Q", buildings with floodlights = "N", buildings with dim floodlights = "O", fires at night with area detail = "I", fires at night, flames only = "H", dark landscape with full moon = "T", etc, etc.

The complete list is 74 different lighting scenes. There is also a lot of other exposure information and the calculator panel also has a built-in hyperfocal chart and gray card. If costs $20 but I thought it was worth it.

Check the links for "Universal Light Code" and take a look at the gallery.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA