Re: [OM] Fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] Fireworks
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:28:48 -0600
John A. Lind wrote:
> For aerial displays (can also be used for tight shots of ground
> displays against near black background)
>
> 1.  Use ISO 100 film.  (slower actually works better)

 Is this to avoid 'bleed'? I have a bunch of shots of fireworks that look
okay as far as composition goes, but there's a red halo around the actual
fireworks themselves, they don't look as crisp as I'd like them to.

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/albums/Sunset_at_Old_Man_Dam/fw2.jpg

 for example. Or is this because I had the aperture open too wide? That was
a while ago, so I can't remember what I had set up, I'll admit.

 -- dan