re: [OM] 2X-A teleconverter ?'s

Subject: re: [OM] 2X-A teleconverter ?'s
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:14:30 -0700

>>>For those who wish to compare,  this
>>>folder contains some shots taken at the same place with the 500/8. To
>>>be fair it was a darker day and I was farther away with the 500.
>>

>Those fuzzy ones were taken with the 500 mm? No doubt the lack of light
>forced use of a fairly low shutter speed?
>
>- -----------------------------------------------------------
>les clark / edgewater, nj / usa

yes, much slower shutter speeds and I was farther away with the camera
resting on the half rolled up window of the truck. And with 100mm less
extension so these shots have a lot of that crappy bokeh cropped. Plus
the little guys wouldn't sit still. While on the next day with the sun i
was up into more managable speeds and those shots are nearly full frame
as I was right on top of them. Plus the kits were in a more lounging
mood.  I find the 300 + 2xa at an effective f9 easier to focus than the
500 f8.

Mike