Re: [OM] Pay attention to me!

Subject: Re: [OM] Pay attention to me!
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Jun 2003 15:22:50 -0500
>>> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:19:32 -0400, Tom Scales <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> said:

 ts> Sorry Walt, Saturday afternoon, so I'm a little behind. Had to go to the
 ts> Post Office to ship a list member a Like New 350/2.8 so he could use it on
 ts> his vacation. Such a life.

Drool! Oh well, the Tamron 300/2.8 I just bought will just have to
do. :)

 ts> It really reminds me of the power of B&W.  Ag Schnozz (Ken) and I have been
 ts> emailing about it. I'm close to getting the kit and chemistry and teaching
 ts> my daughters the basics of developing techniques.  We'll stay 'current' and
 ts> then scan, rather than print, but there is something powerful, and
 ts> indefinable, about doing your own work.

I miss doing B&W. Living in a apartment, the whole enlarger & trays
thing isn't really an option. But with a scanner, I'm thinking about
buying a tank, a changing bag and the chemicals and starting again.
When I was in college, we had a pair of those Patterson 5 reel tanks and
I had so much film to develop that I spent hours running batch after
batch through those things.

Thats when I discovered that when your hobby becomes your job, its
hard to keep it a hobby as well. I think the reason that my OMs spent
so long in the top of my closet is that I got so burned out churning
out boring newspaper and yearbook pics. I think I want to pick up B&W
processing again just to remember how much fun photography can be.

Johnie