Re: [OM] Slik u212

Subject: Re: [OM] Slik u212
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:17:09 -0300
Hi all,

Thanks for your advice on this insignificant but delicate matter.
Just by chance, this afternoon I found a replacement piece. It was almost
unbelievable, sort of a small miracle. The donnor was another Slik, a B88 I
think, which uses the same plastic clamp on a cheaper construction. I
managed to unmount and replace. A little stiff in comparison to the
original, but it works. Nevertheless, I will contact Slik ¿Does anyone know
their address in the US? Thought they were discontinued, and were never
imported to my country.
...for I while I stopped planning my revenge, but I'll continue tomorrow
;-))
Wish it was a Manfroto, in fact I have an incomplete Manfroto head which
fits the u212. But a new one costs $400; and I like the Slik stretching
capabilities.

Regards

Fernando