[OM] IS-5 flash

Subject: [OM] IS-5 flash
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 05:32:35 -0700
"I wonder if someone like Clint can tap a wire, plant a terminal on the
plastic body that will allow at least a PC sync connection outside the body
of these newer IS cameras?"

This would be a major project, not only accessing the trigger signal, but
modifying the camera to shut off its own flash.

By the way, I goofed in a major way when I said the IS-50 is basically the
same camera without manual exposure control. The IS-50 uses the older (but
still classic!) 28-110mm lens.

Also, the new 28-140mm is significantly more compact. It starts short and
gets longer as it goes from 28 to 140, rather than going through the
long-short-long sequence as the older lens did. The approximate focal
lengths are now marked on the barrel.

The IS-5 has a continuous shooting feature where the camera fires
continuously when you hold down the shutter button. The manual says it fires
at 1.2 fps, but it seemed faster when I tried it.