RE: [OM] Lens Caps Trivia

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens Caps Trivia
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:18:07 -0400
I'm sure they made that size in the past, but apparently not now,
at least not the ones with the squeeze thingy in the middle of the
cap, which is what makes them so handy.  At least, the B&H web
site doesn't show them as being available in that size.

When I got my 80-200/2.8 Tamron last year, it came with the old
style cap.  The first thing I did, while the lens was getting a
dusting and zoom creep cure at KEH, was to order one of the new
style 77mm lens caps from B&H.

The Olympus caps sometimes flip out of my clumsy fingers when I'm
removing them.  The only Zuiko I have with even the slightest
scratch on the front element is a 35-105/3.5-4.5, which has always
been one of my favorites.  And although I didn't notice it at the
time, I bet it got that little 2mm nick because a lens cap flew
out of my grasp and bounced off the lens.

And, no, even at the risk that may be involved, I don't keep
filters on lenses for protection.  Never have.  Never will.

Walt