[OM] When you're sniping, you still have to pay attention......

Subject: [OM] When you're sniping, you still have to pay attention......
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:20:19 -0400
OK, so everyone knows I setup a snipe on any thing interesting.  A 600/6.5
is, well, interesting. I checked out Gary Reese' wonderful ebay history.
OK, average around $1200.  Lowest $851.  Don't really need, or for that
matter, really want one that much.  Never seen one.  Rack and Pinion
focusing -- don't even know what that is, but if it's good for small German
cars, then.....

What to bid, what to bid.  What the heck.  $655.  Not like I'd ever get it
for that -- $200 below any ebay auction.

Oops.  Yes, I would.

I figure I can't get hurt too bad with this one, if it is as advertised and
the seller seems upfront and honest.

For example, purchased 21/3.5 on the 'bay.  Seller requires $12 for UPS.
What's this thing weigh, a few ounces?
600/6.5 seller also uses UPS. Heavy little thing, huh.  $9.82.

Oh! I forgot to mention. The case comes with not one, but TWO keys.  We ALL
know the keys are worth a couple hundred a piece, aren't they?

Should be interesting!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2934857513

Tom