[OM] Beavers & Otters

Subject: [OM] Beavers & Otters
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:13:04 EDT
Started at Boeing Field, in the SUN!  B-17 and B-24 on display.  The 17
taxied in as I was crossing E. Marginal Way S., so missed my spinning props
photo
op there.  On to L. Union.  Kenmore Air's Otters & Beavers were arriving &
departing so fast I could hardly keep up.  BUSY!  Tourist season is here!  On
Kenmore Air Harbor at the N. end of L. Washington.  Again, busy.  Many Beavers,
3 Otters.  As I was changing film, one of TWO bald eagles flew RIGHT over me,
of course.  As I was driving off (after circling Kenmore Camera - closed), I
saw a Beaver in fresh U.S. Army paint leaving.  Another day.

Kenmore Air has the LAST piston-powered Beaver made.  In "Evening Magazine"
paint scheme for local KING TV program:

<A HREF="http://www.dhc-2.com/id368.htm";>http://www.dhc-2.com/id368.htm</A>
(bottom 3 photos are early Kenmore Air paint
scheme)

Whew!  This was a seaplane kind of day!

Rich

P.S.  Kenmore Air says refurbished Beavers start at nearly $300,000 and go up
to the mid $500,000 range.  He couldn't imagine why a Beaver would cost
$750,000, but I'm thinking Magnum Beaver with STOL, $$ avionics, maybe?  For
just a
little more, say a million $ or a little more, you're into Otter territory,
he says.