[OM] Re: Lens Caps Trivia

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens Caps Trivia
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:59:16 -0000
------ Original message ------
> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:17:58 -0400
> From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Caps Trivia

> I like screw-on caps but they're not standard issue.
> Not recommended for collectors though cause they "exercise" the threads,
> knocking off 'precious' paint.

My favourite lens caps are push-fit ones -- I have several in the 49mm size.
They are beautifully machined from metal, anodised in black, with a silver
"feature ring" on the front (yes, a silvernose lens cap!).  Around the
inside edge of the lip of the cap is a smooth felt ring that allows the lens
cap to be pushed on and pulled off easily, but grips the lens barrel snugly.
Pentax lenses of the 1960/70's  had similar lens caps, but mine were made
(or imported) in the 1970's by the now-defunct UK company Photax.

I would love to get some more, as there is none of this time-consuming
screwing, or fiddly clipping involved -- simply push on to fit, pull off to
remove.  Great!

-- from Cy in the UK

(who also has samples of all three types of Olympus lens cap)