Re: [OM] Infrared question number two

Subject: Re: [OM] Infrared question number two
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:45:07 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:
I haven't shot any infrared in many years, but I don't remember having to load the camera in total darkness. I recall buying the film in 100 ft. rolls and having to roll our own cassettes in a Watson loader in total darkness, but otherwise, we just handled it pretty much like regular panchromatic B&W film.

Depending on how long ago "many years" was, you might have been
using the slower, earlier-generation film that wasn't as
sensitive to fogging. Current Kodak High Speed Infrared will fog
inside the can if light hits the leader or the felt light trap.
Subdued light won't fog much, room light will leave marks all
through the roll.

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>