Re: [OM] Infrared question number two

Subject: Re: [OM] Infrared question number two
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:25:35 -0400
Not all IR film requires this - Konica 750, for example, does not.

I can personally verify that HIE does. I disobeyed once, and changed film
under my jacket, inside a tent, in the shade. There was a bar burnt across
the film three times (successive turns in the cassette most likely). The
last was minor but the first wasn't.

I have been told that a changing bag is fine, but haven't tried it yet.

Somebody (I forget) claims to have photographed the Kodak light trap using
IR, and found it was white, i.e., it's black in the visible, but
transmits/reflects IR. I hope that's not true. I'll have to try it. If it is
I should send it in to Scott Adams. :-(

Andrew