[OM] Filter question for portraits

Subject: [OM] Filter question for portraits
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:31:06 +0800
My portraits are sharp. Err.. Too sharp. My gf's zits are highly visible to her dismay. Also, sometimes the skintone is not so accurate.

What filters would you all suggest?  Something like an 81??

I don't believe in softening the picture with filters (I can do that with Guassian blur a la photoshop) but color rendering seems like a problem I'd like to tackle..

Asian skin presents a serious problem, a little redish on Fuji, WAY too brown on Kodak...

Albert