AW: [OM] E1 first thoughts

Subject: AW: [OM] E1 first thoughts
From: "Dirk Seffern" <ds@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:24:08 +0200
HI Jan,

Althoug I am sceptical about the success (too early to judge without
more "sure" information), I think we have to credit Olympus that they
offer from the very beginning already many lenses. It is logical, that
they can not bring out ALL lenses we would like to have in the first 6
months. But as far as I can see the most important (by sales numbers)
lenghts are offered.

Look at the competition, what do they offer below 21mm?

Resolution is a point, but as long as we do not know more about the
image quality, it does not make sense to speculate about numbers only.

Maximum shoot rate is a very personal requirement. I need approximatley
1 frame every 2 seconds :)

I do not think that Olympus is trying to catch a market of
sport-professionals or other people who need extreme features. Lets face
it. These guys already switched 2 years ago into digital i.e. to Canon
or Nikon. So it is unlikely with these heavy investments, that they
would now start completely new with the E-1. You will not get these
people anymore, so Olympus is IMHO focussing on the prosumer (inkl. the
wannabes) and the normal hobby photographer.

And this is in line with the past efforts E-10, E-20.

Dirk

Do you have a camera?
Do you have friends?

Tell them about us!