[OM] Fwd: Oly gear? - plea for help

Subject: [OM] Fwd: Oly gear? - plea for help
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:10:40 +0100

I am forwarding the following plea for help, which in turn was forwarded to me from a great former listee, Robert Ashdown.

Can anyone help this person?

Robert would likely have his email address:  <robert.ashdown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Giles

Those of you who are not into taking photos can delet now, or read on and

empathise in my misery.

I have been using Olympus exclusively for over 20 years. Great cameras &

accessories but no longer in production, with parts becoming increasingly

rare.

Prior to every major field trip my photographic equipment packs it in and

now is no exception. On the 4th of August I leave for 3 weeks photographing

desert reptiles in Arizona. My Olympus OM4ti camera has just been declared

virtually brain dead. I delved into my cashe of spares and produced two

alternatives, both OM2n. Very nice cameras but with a disasterous design

flaw in the hot shoe that holds the flash. On both cameras these are damaged

to varying degrees, and two spare hot shoes are also damaged.

I face the scary prospect of relying on one tired hot shoe that glowers

insolently at me with every sign of revolt.

Great Horny Toads, I've got problems! Is there anyone out there who wants to

part with an Olympus No 4 hot shoe, or knows someone who does???

I pace floors of the museum, eagery awaiting replies.

Steve Wilson

Inquiry Centre

Queensland Museum

PO Box 3300