AW: [OM] E1 first thoughts

Subject: AW: [OM] E1 first thoughts
From: "Dirk Seffern" <ds@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:23:14 +0200
Hey guys,

lets face it. All the talks about the E-1 is worth nothing as long as we
do not have access to fullsize images.

All the "complainers" have not yet had the possibility to try the E-1
(me included), so a judgements only by looking at specifications is too
short-sighted.

FACT IS that nobody among us knows/experienced the advantages of the new
lens mount. If the assumptions of Olympus about the advantages in image
quality thanks to a totally new designed system are correct, then there
is no point of discussion whether 5.5 or 6 or 10MP are better.

FACT IS that no manufacturer with an old lens mount will tell us the
truth about disadvantages.

FACT IS that the 4/3rd system is a SYSTEM, not only one E-1 camera. So
it is logical that there will be sooner or later an E-2 and E-3 with
even better specifications.

FACT IS that no manufacturer comes out in a situation like this with
their TOP-OF-THE-LINE Pro Model. I interprete the E-1 as a Pro-Model,
but not as the Top-Pro-Model of this new system.

FACT IS that price announcements 3 months ahead for digital cameras are
not worth the paper on which they are written

FACT IS that all the "complainers" will change their mind within
seconds, IF the image quality will be sufficient for this price tag.

FACT IS that if image quality will not be competitive, Olympus will fail
with this new system sooner or later.

Dirk

Do you have a camera?
Do you have friends?