Re: [OM] Need advice on shooting under fluorescents

Subject: Re: [OM] Need advice on shooting under fluorescents
From: "Tom Albright" <n5ksk3@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:38:20 -0500

> 2.  Which color print film would work best for this shoot?  I normally
> shoot outdoors with Kodak Gold
>      100.
>
> 3.  Would bouncing a flash off the ceiling tiles (they're the typical
> ones--kinda off white with flat
>      finish and lots of decorative gouges in them) be of much help.
>
> 4.  Regarding the shelves mounted in front of plate glass:  I've been
asked
> to take photos from the
>      outside which is in a low lighting lobby like area.  Most of the
> merchandise on these shelves
>      faces out and, to my eye, looks to be somewhat in the dark with a
> brightly lit shop behind it.
>      There is enough light in the lobby to allow for reflection off the
> plate glass.

Look at these two pictures:

http://members.cox.net/n5ksk3/OM/party1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/n5ksk3/OM/party2.jpg

These were taken under fluorescents, lots of incoming light, and a camera
mounted flash, no bounce.  No greens.  (Well...  not in the actual prints.
The scanner seems to have added a tinge.)  f5.6, 1/60.  Film used was
Walgreens studio35 iso200, which is Agfa "Eyevision" film.  Developed at
Walgreens.  No filters, and of course, an OM!  I have had excellent results
getting natural colors with this film.

And, it's cheap!

- Tom