Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Died

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Died
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:32:42 -0500
This was what happened with my OM-4 and ultimately the shutter speed ring virtually froze up. I could move it, but only with some effort and attempting to rock it back and forth. It was cured by **very** carefully removing the lens mount and the shutter speed ring, then lubing the ball bearing for the shutter speed detents with a very tiny amount of white lithium grease.

-- John

At 03:16 PM 6/24/03, Rich wrote:
Clint wrote:
>it _will_ return

I am sure you are right, Clint. I'm just stalling about the overdue CLA. The shutter speed ring is the thing that is truly bugging me. Too stiff, even when I'm careful not to squeeze it out-of-round tighter. It frequently just... doesn't... want... to... turn, esp. to the B/60 area (and yes I'm pushing the little button).

Rich