[OM] Tamron f2.5 / 135mm Adaptall2

Subject: [OM] Tamron f2.5 / 135mm Adaptall2
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:08:12 -0400
Does anyone have experiences (good or bad) with this vintage?  I bought one to
compliment my 3.5 Zuiko for concert shots.  At <$40
including a hard case, why not?  Did Tamron ever make an "SP" 135?  This is a
late vintage ("BBAR" coatings) but it's not an "SP"
model and it's only a 4 element design!  Yikes!

3.5 is 2/3 stop slower than 2.8, right?  Is 2.5 another 1/3 faster still or
something less?  My real question is when I switch from
the 3.5 to the 2.5, is it a full stop's more light?  The Zuiko is just barely
sharp enough to use wide open but I'm not expecting
miracles from a fast, 4 element design.  "It's not in the numbers" as Captain
Furillo would say.

Besides the Series1 f/2.3, are there other speed demons in OM mount that have
some claim to image quality?  (Besides the Tamron
80-200 f/2.8, and Tokina 80-200 f/2.8)

Can I interest anyone in an Adaptall2 mount for a Konica?  I didn't think so.
:)

People, let's be CAREFUL out there.
Lama