RE: [OM] E1 Sample pictures!!!

Subject: RE: [OM] E1 Sample pictures!!!
From: "C.H.Ling-Accura" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:34:14 +0800

Actually if you have some good zoom you don't need that many lenses, the
focusing screen is to ad you vision and now with AF you don't need it except
for the 1-10. They may have mount for telescope but today most microscope
has dedicated CCD camera they will not make a mount for that.

> >Oh, and in 1976 they had a system camera that could measure
> light 8 stops
> >lower than the E-1 can do today. I can see the need for digital
> pictures,
> >even AF  and a more automated flash system, but at this point it can't
> >replace the OM system - only complement it for the more trivial tasks.

There is no problem, you can always use manual mode for long exposure, no
guess anymore (with the reciprocal failure of film) you can see the result
immediatly, if the exposure is wrong do it again. Get an advanced SLR DC you
will like it!

> >Others may have different views, I'm just snapping away for fun and not
> >trying to make a living from photography. Either way I wouldn't
> buy into a
> >p&s "system" that may or may take off, an EOS with adapter to use zuikos
> >seems like a much safer bet at this point. Sorry Olympus.

I think most of us are shooting for fun and DC give me the fun I wanted. OK,
film has its glamour and I will still use it for photo trip but for most
daily work (fun) I will stick with my 10D as I don't need to complete 36
shots to see the result, it may take a few weeks.

C.H.Ling