Re: [OM] Comparison of E-1 and E-20 images

Subject: Re: [OM] Comparison of E-1 and E-20 images
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:44:51 -0700
At 10:21 PM 6/24/2003 -0400, Mark Dapoz wrote:
I put the two images up on my web server:

http://olympus.dementia.org/misc/E-1/E1Samurai.jpg
http://olympus.dementia.org/misc/E-1/E20Samurai.jpg

OK, even printing at 6x8" on a Kodak 8500 Dye Sub, it is clear that the E1 picture has better color and more dynamic range. Also looks sharper but could be more sharpening in the SW.

However, at this point, I am somewhat spoiled. I have seen what a Canon 1Ds can do, but my wallet and (lack of Popeye's) arm muscle prevent me from getting it. On the film front, I have the OM-4/T with some of the sharpest Zuikos and an M7 with some of the sharpest Lec$a glass. It is hard to be superly impressed by 5MP images, except for the digital's lack of grain (for better or worse).

Having said that, since I am looking for a DSLR, the E-1 is definitely in the running for the time being.