Re: [OM] Fwd: Oly gear? - plea for help//disasterous design

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: Oly gear? - plea for help//disasterous design
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:12:18 -0300
on 24/06/2003 10:10, Giles at cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Very nice cameras but with a disasterous design
>> flaw in the hot shoe that holds the flash.
The disaster is that these shoes were not made of steel, bronze or titanium.
Then, at a higher cost but lasting forever, you'd have one argument less to
buy a newer model. Or to but a BG 2.
This disaster was a calculated one.
I also consider a disaster that the 2n + T32  makes the 2n shutter at the
speed of 1/60; if the light burst is not enough, it will close the shutter
giving an underexposed picture instead of a mix of available/flash light and
perhaps a moving subject. Plain 2 keeps the shutter open. The argument that
batteries would fail is nonsense at least from my experience.

Rgds,

Fernando.
--
: Dr.Fernando Gonzalez Gentile M.D.