RE: [OM] E1 Sample pictures!!!

Subject: RE: [OM] E1 Sample pictures!!!
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:08:32 +0200
At 06:34 25.06.2003, C.H.Ling wrote:

There is no problem, you can always use manual mode for long exposure, no
guess anymore (with the reciprocal failure of film) you can see the result
immediatly, if the exposure is wrong do it again. Get an advanced SLR DC you
will like it!

This is an argument I'd like to turn inside out: With an OM and a little experience there's no need to guess, even accounting for moderate reciprocity failure. The first shot with a DC will be hit and miss if you don't carry a separate meter, and if light conditions change during exposures neither DC or separate meter can compensate for it, while the OM has OTF metering. And then there's the LCD screens that won't work in the cold and will ruin your night vision when they do work. I'm not trying to start a crusade against DCs, but there are still areas where analog cameras shine. Deep inside I was hoping that Olympus would step forward with something special, something that could replace the OM system or at least take over where the OM system left off, instead the world has gained just another unremarkable digital.

Thomas Bryhn