[OM] How many shots do you take?

Subject: [OM] How many shots do you take?
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:46:24 -0600
 I just counted up the number of films I've had printed since getting to NZ,
and it's a grand total of 54 (24-exposure) rolls in the last 5 1/2 months;
or an average of between 7 and 8 photos a day, or two and a half rolls a
week. (In practise, it tends to be a few rolls every time we go somewhere
interesting, so it's not as spread out as that makes it sound).

 Now, this is definitely above normal for me, but heck, I'm on holiday (a
very long holiday, to be fair) so some of this is me rattling off stuff to
keep memories for later, and some of it's taking shots for the photography
of it all (like the XA-at-night ones, for instance).

 I'm curious -- how many shots are the other people here taking, and of
what?

 There's a lot of discussion of equipment and food and suchlike here, but
other than the TOPEs and the occasional test image, there's not all that
many actual shots being posted, given the number of people discussing
things -- are people photographing stuff but not putting it on web sites, or
just not being as film-happy as I've been, or something else entirely? Maybe
it's just familiarity with the surroundings -- I certainly didn't burn film
so fast back in Calgary, but even then I was still trying to shoot things
reasonably often just to keep my eye in.

 -- dan