Re: [OM] E1, 4/3 format and Foveon

Subject: Re: [OM] E1, 4/3 format and Foveon
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:22:44 +0800
I have no question the 3M foveon is better than D30, it is expected no
comparison needed. Thanks for the long explanation, I'm more interested on
the picture comparison, the first dp link do shown the foveon is better, I
have download the "house" picture from imaging-resource, I believe they did
a better test as all target were well controlled and repeatable. I do see
the result from the foveon is very good, to me it is indistinguishable from
the D60 shoot.

The foveon one
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SD9/FULLRES/SD9HAWBP1.HTM
The D60 one
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/D60/FULLRES/D60HMWB.HTM

Before direct comparison the D60 one may need some sharpen as usual.

For the resolution chart look at the comment below you will see most likely
dpreview has wrongly interpreted the resolution on SD9.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SD9/SD9A12.HTM

Anyway the SD9's resolution is better than I have expected (I expect it is
around 4-5MP equ to other DC) it do look similar to D60.

C.H.Ling