Re: [OM] How many shots do you take?

Subject: Re: [OM] How many shots do you take?
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:08:38 +0100
Daniel Mitchell wrote:

 I'm curious -- how many shots are the other people here taking, and of
what?

Let me see - this year I've probably taken no more than 15 rolls of film this year, but that's been concentrated into 6 trips abroad of a few days each. Probably about two thirds of a roll a day while I'm shooting. I really take hardly any photos in London, a notable exception being our zuikoholics meeting in January when I finally got some city sights on film. On longer journeys abroad I probably average about 5 rolls of film a week.

 There's a lot of discussion of equipment and food and suchlike here, but
other than the TOPEs and the occasional test image, there's not all that
many actual shots being posted, given the number of people discussing
things -- are people photographing stuff but not putting it on web sites, or
just not being as film-happy as I've been, or something else entirely?

I've been very slack on the TOPE front, taking some photos with the intention of submitting them but not having managed to get an entry in so far this year. I was also getting somewhat behind on keeping my website up to date, but I put that to rights last weekend with a few pages covering recent trips to the Netherlands, Dublin, Sweden and Denmark:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/holland
http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/ireland
http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/denmark

Not overly impressed with my Dutch efforts but quite pleased with some of the Danish photos.

I'm anticipating a pretty slow film burning rate over the next few months as I get towards the end of my PhD, but if/when I get it over and done with I will be getting down to some serious photography & travelling!

Roger