re: [OM] Tired of html posts

Subject: re: [OM] Tired of html posts
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:57:48 -0700

>.....Many of the OM list members get the list in the Digest form.  For
>whatever reason, when posts are sent in in MIME format, we digest
>readers are treated to line after line of unnecessary text......

To be fair to Dan although his 3 word post (not ten) may have set a new
record for clutter it was quickly broken when you actually quoted the
#$% thing!, Unfortunately you didn't disable the html so to him it
appeared normal and only we on the digest got the full  benefit. It's
the unnecessary quoting that really adds the clutter and many people do
that. Lately the digest has been almost un readable and frankly I just
delete them. Too bad as I enjoy the comaderie (sp?) here on the list.
Unfortunately much helpful information and even some entertaining OT
threads get lost.

I know that it is technically possible to reject html posts and more
importantly to reject posts with more quoted material than message text.
I urge Thomas and those who know how to do this sort of thing to
instigate these changes as soon as possible. Remember that there are
more digest members than direct subscribers. I suspect that we may have
lost many potentially valuable contributors simply because of the clutter.

In the meantime please think before hitting that send button.

Thanks from the digest
mike