Re: [OM] ? Infra-red photography with OMs ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ? Infra-red photography with OMs ?
From: Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Jun 2003 05:35:33 -0500
>>> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:19:23 -0400 (EDT), NSURIT@xxxxxxx said:

 bb> A neophyte seeks the most basic of information about the use of
 bb> and application of infrared photography with my OM cameras.  I'm
 bb> more interested in the time than in how to build the watch.  What
 bb> drives this question is the photo club to which I belong has
 bb> infrared as one of their monthly special contest subjects in a
 bb> month or two.  I don't need to enter in that category, however
 bb> thought it might be interesting to give it a go and see what I
 bb> might develop.  So what do I need to know to not fog the film,
 bb> get in focus images and maximize the dramatic affect of this
 bb> film?  I'm assuming B&W film and would certainly appreciate
 bb> suggestions of which to buy.  Thanks in advance, Bill Barber

Bill,

I might be a little late with this, but I just found this review of a
book about B&W infrared photography. There is a reply to the review
that mentions a book about color infrared photography. I haven't
actually seen either book, but I thought you might want to check them
out.

http://www.photo.net/books/infrared-photography-handbook

Johnie