Re: [OM] 10D vs Velvia & 4000ED vs microscope

Subject: Re: [OM] 10D vs Velvia & 4000ED vs microscope
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:49:44 -0500
CH, that's very interesting. It shows that the 4000ED is VERY close to the
actual film image for the finest grained general purpose film out there, Velvia
(I'm not counting stuff like Tech Pan).

I'll bet that a drum scanner would do a better job at 6-8000 dpi, but you'd be
hard pressed to use the small difference.  It would be a better effort to buy a
camera that makes a bigger negative than go to all that trouble.

Also, since most people don't shoot Velvia and don't have good technique, it
shows that 4000 dpi scanners are all mere mortals like us need.

Skip

Please reply to skipwilliams at pobox.com
I might not notice personal emails to this address