Re: [OM] 10D vs Velvia & 4000ED vs microscope

Subject: Re: [OM] 10D vs Velvia & 4000ED vs microscope
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:28:31 -0700
At 08:14 AM 6/29/2003 +0800, you wrote:
May be a Drum Scan is better, but have you check the 4000dpi scan? on my 17"
monitor at 100% view is roughly equal to a 57 inch pirnt, you are looking at
you monitor at around two feet right? So a 57 inch print view at two feet
has this quality isn't it great?

OK, make it 200% at your monitor, the grain is increased, but you see more
details now, overall is still good and it is now an over 100" print!

I bet the scan can output 100" with very nice quality. Ok I have did an over
100" slide projection and it look great although my wall cannot display the
whole frame.

Yes, I am not saying that your pic is not good enough. I am just saying for anyone who wants to move to higher format, they should consider their film, the techniques, etc. first :-)

C.H.Ling