Re: [OM] 10D vs Velvia & 4000ED vs microscope

Subject: Re: [OM] 10D vs Velvia & 4000ED vs microscope
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:53:53 +0800
Yes, but to be fair, the resolution of monitor is much lower than optical
print. To judge the output will be good or not you need to view at 200-300%
view on monitor. So actually if you need a lower grain look of this 4000dpi
scan you may only be able to output to 24-40 inches. So if you need super
fine grain at close distance you will need larger format film or to use
digital DLR in the expenses of some resolution or you can pay $8000 for a
1Ds then even the resolution will be close to 35mm film.

C.H.Ling