Re: [OM] And Another Thing

Subject: Re: [OM] And Another Thing
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:49:12 +0200
Thomas,

The A series of paper sizes (A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6) were created long before
'film' even existed. They are organized in such a way that when cut in half
trough the shortest side they always maintain the same aspect ratio. And,
just by 'coincidence' it follows the rule of the aspect ratio of the golden
section, which is what average people prefer as aspect ratio for a
'rectangle'.

So there is truth in a sensor following the golden section (which would be
roughly 5/3, not 4/3).
There is no big deal in cutting off some extra paper as long as you collect
the waste seperately and it goes into the production of new paper. Oh, and
the sensor will always fit the paper, you'll just have some white zones.
And not printing is always better for the environment then printing :).`

Iwert.