Re: [OM] Old OM lenses and E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Old OM lenses and E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:39:47 -0700
Be aware that the cheaper current Nikon bodies, both film and digital, don't support metering with the older lenses. This doesn't mean you have to stop down meter, is means you have to use a separate meter. The camera doesn't meter AT ALL except with electronic AF lenses. They have so many series of lenses and bodies that I don't remember the specifics, but they are available on Nikon forums. The old AI lenses I inherited from my dad won't work on any Nikon DSLR except the most expensive one.

Moose

Jay Maynard wrote:

I might also consider a Nikon digital as well, especially since my father has a
Nikon system he's considering getting rid of. Do they have a body in the same
price range?