Re: [OM] Sunsets over Auckland [was:How many shots do you take?]

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunsets over Auckland [was:How many shots do you take?]
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:48:33 +0200
Hi Dan,

Sounds like a really good plan.We only had a car while being on the North
Island, while we were travelling by bus and train on the South Island, which
limited our access to more remote places quite a lot.

I always wanted to ride the TransSib, but as plans cristallized 3 years ago the
situation in Russia was not really that good regarding safety and such. A
friend of mine who studied the Russian language at that time did the trip some
10 years ago. he managed to bribe the conductor with a few D-Mark and got
himself a 1- class compartment and rode without problems. I guess times have
changed a bit since.

Have a nice trip,

Bernd