[OM] Om4-ti wind problems

Subject: [OM] Om4-ti wind problems
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:16:12 +0100
I take it my post was ignored due to all the html - apologies. Here 'tis
again.
I recently changed films with my OM4ti on top of a mountain in patagonia. I
don't know what the temperature was but the rubber OM lens hoods went very
stiff - I'm guessing about -15deg celsius. I'd hope to avoid it but could
hardly miss out on the summit shots! Anyway when I got the film back there
were only 29 shots out of 36, the first 8 or so being superimposed. It seems
as we lost height (and the temp went up) whatever was stopping the film
winding on properly went away. This is the only film in 5 years I have had a
problem with. My best guess is the rewind button stuck down for some
reason - maybe thick/sticky lubricant? Can anyone with more experience give
me a more informed opinion, and maybe advice on how to stop it happening
again? Luckily I got one summit shot from the end of the last roll, but
performance in these conditions is the main reason I bought the camera!
Cheers,
Adam