[OM] Steer clear of this OM2S !!

Subject: [OM] Steer clear of this OM2S !!
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:16:15 -0400
I was looking very closely at Ebay #2937731193

which is a 2S and a bunch of other stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2937731193

The Seller says the 2S "seems slower" than his Minolta.  I thought it might be
he had the 2S on "Auto" without film and compared the
resulting shutter sound at f4 against a  Minolta on Auto also at f4.

I thought he was saying it "seems slow" only because the TTL was reading the
matte-black pressure plate as 18 0rey, giving a looong
exposure.

Anyway, it's at least the 2nd time this seller has tried to sell this stuff.  I
found the last auction, which is now more than 30
days old.

The previous buyer left positive feedback but the comment was along the lines
of "Generous seller refunded entire $200 after not
describing accurately."

Lama

By email the previous buyer, who is not a gifted writer, said in part,

HOW did you you ever got this history of my bid. YOU GOT lucky in contacting
me. The whole auction is for OM2-S camera but can be
used for PARTS. AND I MEAN PARTS, the nice thing is the seller was VERY NICE
and HONEST and RE- PAID / REFUNDED entirely my
purchase.

My bid ended up being for a PARTS camera, motor drive, etc. .  Otherwise, your
decision.  What you see is certainly what you get but
whether it has been fixed since my return these item is not something I know
of.  One thing I MUST ADMIT is that the seller was VERY
KIND on refunded. Whether this applies as stated AS IS this time is something
else.