Re: [OM] Kodak's new High Definition 400?

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak's new High Definition 400?
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:00:56 +1000
In the message I received, "John A. Lind" writes:

[Snip]

>Ummmm . . . the Lobster Thermadore . . .  was "borrowed" from a notoriously
>famous Monty Python sketch script.  That sketch *is* the etymology of the
>name "SPAM" being used to describe unsolicited junk email.

[Insert Viking chorus here ...][1]

>In the Good Ole Days prior to commercialization of the Internet (thank you
>Al Gore), SPAM was something a little different.

Hormel Foods Corporation, the owners of the SPAM(tm) are fine with
people using that word to describe UCE/UBE as long it's not in capital
letters.

>                                                  It usually consisted of
>flooding someone as rapidly as possible with a continuous stream of long,
>garbage emails to overrun their inbound mailbox and consume all their
>authorized mail storage, and then some.

I believe it was called mail-bombing. Times were better then. :-)

Saso
[1] http://frogstar.com/wav/displaywav.asp?fil=spam.wav