Re: [OM] Anybody know what flash this is for??

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody know what flash this is for??
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:39:32 -0500
At 07:43 AM 7/2/03, Paul Schings wrote:

I'm pretty sure the T18 predates the OM2000 by a number of years, and was introduced with the OM-88/OM-101 in the early to mid 80's. It's probably worth noting that the T-18 doesn't support normal auto.

Yes . . . the descriptions were intended to be *loosely* tied to body introductions. The QA310's TTL feature wasn't needed by the system until the OM-2. On an OM-1, a QA310 is effectively a QA300.

My Bad regarding trying to cover the T-18 and S20 in one description. They were introduced at different times, and I also made a typographic error:
  "Manual:  T-1 and S20" should read "Manual:  T18 and S20"

Regarding the operating modes for the T-18 and S20, I listed only the unit that supported each mode. S20 is only Normal-Auto or Manual. T-18 is only TTL-Auto or Manual. Deliberately ignored the OM-88/OM-101 and OM-77/OM-707 bodies as they're anomalous to the rest of the OM system other than being able to mount OM manual focus lenses and flash units (in addition to lenses made specifically for them). I suppose the "Cosina-made" OM-2000 could be labeled an anomaly also, but it seemed closer in feature/function to the rest of the system than the AF and PF bodies.

Additional note about the F280:
It has an AF assist light that is useful ONLY with the OM-77/OM-707 and has no function with any other OM body (cannot even be activated).

-- John