RE: [OM] Tamron Authorized Repair Stations

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron Authorized Repair Stations
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:57:46 +0100
Dan, responding to both your messages below, if you are thinking of your
80-200/2.8, and if that is model 30A, then it is on Tamron's obsolete list.
Paraphrased from a translation of their website:
"because of the long period of time elapsed from production end, the parts
for repair to recover functionality are not available which makes repair
impossible. In addition, concerning the repairs which do not need parts,
difficulty occurring at the time of disassembly due to used condition, with
age-relatedd deterioration being also a possibility, makes repair impossible
as a general rule."

You may want to check with the repair stations individually as to their
willingness and stock position.  Hope they are more flexible than above
indicates!

OTOH I have had much older Tamron lenses than yours repaired/cleaned at
independent service shops with no problem at all, and even with
complimentary words about them.

In fact, I could almost say How Tamron Makes Lenses! ;-)

Piers