Re: [OM] Tamron Authorized Repair Stations

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Authorized Repair Stations
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:32:46 EDT
In a message dated 7/3/2003 3:52:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anyone have any experience with the 4 Tamron Repair Stations?
> Thanks
> Dan

Dan,

I've had experience with the Commack, LI facility.  They worked on both my
Tamron 180 and 300.  Not cheap, but they did good work.   And you can
communicate directly with the folks working on your lens.

Beyond that, if your Tamron needs parts, like mine did (new element for my
300, and new helicoid for my 180), I don't know if you would have much of a
choice.  I can't imagine a lot of other repair shops stock parts for Tamron
lenses.   And if they don't ordering and shipping those parts from Tamron may
add
several more weeks to the turnaround time.

Hope this helps,

Greg Logiodice