Re: [OM] OT Malt filtering, was More E-1 info

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Malt filtering, was More E-1 info
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:23:18 -0300
On 7/3/03 12:00 AM, "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In an OT thread about clothing a while back some of our UK members were
> extolling the virtues of the Tilly hats which I had never heard of. We now
> have a local dealer and they are a very nice hat. The wide soft brim should
> work well for photographers. The literature mentions one unique record, not
> known to have been duplicated by any other hat. One guys hat has been eaten
> twice by an elephant, recovered from the discharge each time, and the guy is
> still wearing the thing. I hope he washed it.  /jim

I should point out, just for the interests of clarity that Tilley hats (as
well as the Tilley Endurables company founded by Alexander Tilley) are
Canadian (and are "handcrafted with Canadian persnicketiness"), not British.
Not that you actually said they were, but just with the mentioning of UK
members extolling their virtues implies that they are British. However, all
of the brass fittings on the hats are made with British brass.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx