[OM] I just accepted a new job today [Yes, yes, seriously OT]

Subject: [OM] I just accepted a new job today [Yes, yes, seriously OT]
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:05:17 -0400
Tom Scales wrote:

>One of the appeals to the move is how close we'll be to 'our history'.  DC,
>Philadelphia, even New York are fairly close by.

Congrats on the job--as most of us have learned the hard way, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. You will be *so* close to *so* much-our history, culture-don't like NYC? Go to Philly, Baltimore-a really nice city and those crabs--check out the Lexington market, D.C. which speaks for itself, cuisine--my mouth waters when I think of the choices North of the VA/MD border, scenery--Poconos and on into upstate NY, the shore-O.K., it's a little bit further to the beach. Think of the new sporting opportunities-snow skiing, snowmobiling, snow shoveling, ice fishing, ice skating, ice scraping. Of course there will be many new and different photo ops in winter. Other than the longer, colder winters and *generally* cooler and less humid summers you'll probably love it up there.. Best of luck and looking forward to an update once you're settled.

Gary

P.S. If you find that Old Man Winter keeps you indoors more than out and your new house has a basement you can always shift into model railroading. Now there's a way to become a different kind of 'holic.