Re: [OM] Fireworks set Up?

Subject: Re: [OM] Fireworks set Up?
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:55:31 -0600
> I remember having read somewhere (in a post by John H., I guess) that
> a cable release is not recommended on an OM, because it can very
> easily damage the shutter release.

 I think you're thinking of a soft-touch release, one of the mushroom-shaped
things that screw into the socket; those tend to get left fixed on, and then
if the camera gets jogged at the wrong angle in your camera bag, it might
damage the insides. It's much less likely that you'd store a camera with a
cable release attached, though I assume the same problem could arise if you
were unlucky.

 -- dan