Re: [OM] Jessops

Subject: Re: [OM] Jessops
From: Kennedy McEwen <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 00:06:16 +0100
In article , Andy Radcliffe <AndyJRadcliffe@xxxxxxxx> writes
Well, in my opinion they are just like a photographic supermarket really.
Genuine bargains are rarely to be found, except when whoever does the sale
valuations makes a mistake - as in the case of my 45GBP 35-70/3.6
presumably?On the same occasion as I was offered 25GBP for my OM-1 I had my
M-1 with me, and just out of curiosity (and to wind the guy up!!)asked what
that would be worth as a trade -in.
He looked in his little book, couldn't find "M-1" listed, couldn't be
bothered to find out any more, and declined to make me an offer at all!!
Thank goodness that we still have one traditional type of photographic shop
here on the Isle of Man , owner run by a guy who actually is a photographer-
we also now (joy of joys!) have a Jessops branch. I never go in there
though.

Reminds me of an incident in Dixons which had a similar long term effect on my shopping habits. After an affirmative response to the question of whether they sold projector lamps I asked if they had a specific bulb type by quoting the type number. The response was a classic "Oh, wot's that mate, a ba'ery?" The last comments I ever made in a Dixon's store included detailed instructions on removing wax from earholes!
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers