[OM] Northumberland Ave, was infrared flash bulbs?

Subject: [OM] Northumberland Ave, was infrared flash bulbs?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 06:18:12 +0100
I think that you will find, Kennedy, that that just proves that our country is not run by civil servants. It will have been the tourist industry complaining bitterly that there was nowhere to park their coaches. If the original plan had been kept in place, there would be nowhere in central London to drive.... hang on, that sounds like a wonderful idea!

No, I am all for removing cars and lorries from central London, but I am aghast at the anti-terrorist measures that have been taken and which ruin the looks of the place.

Contrary to general opinion, civil servants do a pretty good job (I have met some exceptions of course); it is the politicians who get in the way or insist on policies a short-term gain for the long-term detriment.

Chris