Re: [OM] [OT] infrared flash bulbs?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] infrared flash bulbs?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:00:13 -0500
At 11:28 PM 7/3/03, I wrote:

Next time you shoot a roll of 35mm chrome, keep the black leader that was exposed to light when you loaded the film. It always gets returned with the slides. Might require a few rolls to get a hunk big enough.

Important Errata:
It's the pitch-black UNexposed, but developed trailer at the END of the roll you want, not the clear leader at the beginning. This was pointed out to me by someone off-list (thanks).

Brain fade, serious brain fade . . .
and not enough coffee this week (running low).

Occasionally I get back developed slides with frame number "0" mounted. Why, I don't know, but it happens. It's also pitch black as it's the chip just before frame number one and doesn't get exposed during film loading. In the past, I've pried the mounts apart to get this piece also. Not very big, I've only used them on a tiny flash unit.

-- John