Re: [OM] [OT] infrared flash bulbs?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] infrared flash bulbs?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:58:23 -0500
At 11:26 AM 7/4/03, you wrote:
My pictures of lens caps are becoming more infrequent but if anyone
wants some black velvia I seem to have a steady dribble of it (120/220).
Or if you are in a hurry you too could take pictures of your lens cap
using manual exposure.
-jeff

If you do photograph the inside of a lens cap, ensure you set the proper exposure for it. For some reason, unlike all other photography, it's entirely independent of film speed. I've fussed with focusing in the past, but no matter what I did, it never made any difference, so I don't worry about it any more.

The exposure settings for lenscap pix are very easy to remember:
Highest shutter speed and narrowest lens aperture.
Just crank the dials to their stops and rock 'n roll.
You'll get incredibly reliable results every time.

-- John